Monday, May 01, 2006

blogophobia

I just had an interesting run-in of a blog type. Where a situation makes me aware how public a blog is, even if I don't really promote this and only share it with a couple people, I am aware that it is public.

Real public.

I was reading a blog where the writer kind of freaked out that someone would link to their blog, though it was okay for their friends to link to that blog. And it was okay for that person to take pictures from copyrighted material, but it wasn't okay for people to take their copyrighted material.

So now I think about strangers reading this... I always thought about the wrong acquaintances reading the blog. Mostly that maybe an administrator would think it is wrong to write about my day to day experiences. Or that I should mention arguing with a 13-year-old softball player. or the other things that happen when you coach.

But isn't that what life is? I mean you can say you care for someone, but maybe they will interpret that to mean something different.

All the world can see and possess one's words, but one can never control the words once they go up for public display.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home