Tuesday, April 25, 2006

win some lose some


It was a good game, one we could have lost if we played worse or won if we played better. Playing how we did, we lost, but not by much.

I am sure the other coach thought of the same thing, but if a player didn't miss a steal base sign, another one executed a little better. If they didn't argue much.

It was a nice feeling going into the last inning, trailing 18-14 and thinking that we have a pretty good chance of winning. Then watching the girls show some restraint and doing a good job.

One of the things that is really kind of tough is the political aspect. One of the girls that argues with me the most, who is an okay player, but hardly a good player will argue with me about anything. Her dad is on the school board. At one point I had given her the steal signal, she didn't steal, so I said, Do you understand and gave her the steal signal again and she didn't steal. I was doing it to get a throw down to second so the person who was on third could steal home. finally I yelled across the field: "I want you to steal second."

Well the game and the cold took a lot out of me. So it is bedtime.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home