Tuesday, April 18, 2006

The dogs have a stronger will than I

I have been getting up around 7 a.m. the last couple days. I hear the dogs prancing around downstairs and get up to let them out. Like a lot of people, I think, once you get started, you are rolling.

My intention is always to go downstairs and them them out, but them I feed them, which requires me to let them out again. And once the boys are out, then I feed Lilly, who is like 100 years old. Then I let the boys in and try to block them from stealing Lilly's food.

And now it is 8 and I have eaten and am ready to go.

I think there are two kinds of blogs: blue ones and all the rest.


That is one of my favorite jokes, used in various forms. I think I first heard it in Logic 101 at the University of Toledo. Then in the Tom Robbins' novel "Even Cowgirls Get the Blues." I am paraphrasing, but he wrote: "There are two types of people: those who believe in two types of people and those that don't fall for such follies." I think I have it completely wrong, but I am not some place where there the ability to do a quick google.

Funny, when I was at UT, I used to hang in the library and made friends with the librarians on the fifth floor (partially because I had a crush on one of the librarians. Now I have a crush on a different librarian..or librarian graduate.) Never thought I would end up as a librarian

I am the kind of person who likes to add the links to my journal, but how relevant those links are is kind of preposterous! I often just kind of add them, after a serendipitous search, to do what seems to be done. I am guessing lots of people do that. I know a few people will stumble upon something, then write about it (Like a timely snow) ...mostly I just add them with a tongue in cheek.




 Maybe I started an exercise program yesterday. I exercised and maybe I am rolling. I don't know.

I might have annoyed someone yesterday. The phone rang and no one spoke, so I hung up. Why anyone would NOT have 'block telemarketing' I don't know. I think that it should be the opposite. I think if you want telemarketers to call, you should have to ask for it. Why is it we live in a world that if you don't want something, you have to be proactive.

I wonder if that would be difficult. It would also imply that if you move somewhere you would have to say I want junk mail delivered. But I also wonder, if whey you got a phone you would have to say: "I want residential calls, and business --- that I have called --- to return my calls." I guess it is easy to get convoluted.

So when I get a call and there is a pause after I say, 'Hello,' I hang up. So if someone was eating a cookie when they called me, I end up hanging up on them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home