Friday, April 21, 2006

Silk on Silk

Things of interest, perhaps only to me:

  • The Detroit Tigers actually came back in the later innings and won 4-3.
  • I love wearing silk shirts.
  • Lady bugs.
  • A fish jumping out of a lake or pond.

    Getting there is almost always harder than being there. This is pretty much true to me for any sporting event, at any level. I could watch 10-year-olds playing any sport, I just don't want to go there. I don't like having to get home.

    My book club met last night and it is about a two hour drive from here to there, and basically the same two hour drive back. However, once I was there, I really enjoyed being there. why there aren't about five book clubs every month, I don't know.
    The reason why I read:

    5) I like stories
    4) To expand my mind.
    3) It's what I do for a living
    2) I have to.
    1) I am going to talk about/discuss a book.

    The last three are kind of the same and --- admittedly --- not really good reason. I would have to say, once I have read the book (taking the trip) and I am going to discuss the book (the event) I am glad to be there.

    Getting to the club (it is called Adirondack Book Club) was a nice drive on a beautiful day, driving home was a little taxing. I would have spent the night in Saranac Lake, if I was not watching the dogs.

    One of the participants was discussing how he had to steel himself up to get to the group because he really is shy. It was a surprising revaluation to me (it has to be a 'revaluation,' the guy is a minister). In many ways, he was saying what I think about getting there. As they say, half of life is showing up.

    I will have to come down from TV. I complain a lot about TV watching, mostly in the conversations I have in my head, yet at the same time I can waste days on the internet.

    The passive activities that fill our life is much of the reason why we never show up. It is easier to be at rest, than to be moving.


    I can see why Imus and Stern don't like each other. If your whole bit is based on insulting people, why wouldn't you dislike the guy who insults you.

    Technorati Tags:
    , , , , ,


  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home