Sunday, May 07, 2006

the benefit of a weekend
when you do nothing

24 hours later and I feel better. I feel a little rested, if not lethargic from sitting around. I hope to move a little today and stretch.

I'm wondering, how do you change your path?

There is a girl. In my role at school I have seen her in many sectors: academics, athletics and performance. A couple weeks ago I thought, since her life will likely be performance, that she doesn't need to be the best athlete in the world or even best athlete on the team --- though it needs to be mentioned that she could be the best.

Since I never thought athletics were in her future, it didn't seem to matter if she just walks though that part of her life. Now I realize when it comes to her life, she is walking through everything, depending on raw talent.

In a school of 200 she can do that, in a world of 4 billion, might be a little harder. And what is obvious and I know, but have kind of been ignored by me: those who do well, tend to do well in all aspects of their life.

You get a good grade in science because you do the homework. You hit the ball because in practice and you make the best of our opportunities. Same with fielding. You become a better player from the bench by watching what those playing are doing to be successful. This includes watching your teammates and the other team.

What I don't know is, how do I convince the 'walk through girl' to pony up and work hard in all aspects of her life...?

And how does anyone make those changes.

Most all the girls seem to be afraid to steal, thus they never steal --- regardless of how many times I signal steal. By not stealing, then never get better at it.

hmmm maybe I should ride my bike today

My posting program, MarsEdit, has not been working. The problem is a Blogger (a Google product) problem, or so I have ascertained. But really, until it is fixed, it is my problem.

The error is:" java.lang.NullPointerException"

I think Google is great, but being Google means they are so big, you have no one to contact.

I wonder, when you are famous, do you use your access. If I was Kid Rock, when I am not picking up strippers, but taking my stripper to a party and there is Larry Page and Sergey Brin, do I say, "Hey doode my MarsEdit isn't working, could you get some of your tech guys to hump it up, o by the way, this is Bambi."

Fact is, you aren't finding e-mail for tech guys on Google, let aloneLarry Page and Sergey Brin!

Technorati Tags: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home