Monday, April 10, 2006

occasionally bad is good

the hurt is on the way.

Or one would think after today's practice.

I had three pitchers pitching batting practice. The girls might have thrown 3 percent strikes. That is not good. It wasn't good for the hitters, nor was it good for the confidence for the pitchers. It was especially not good for the ability of the players to swing the bat.

The only thing I can hope is that it was just a totally 'off practice.' Several times in my theatre career there has been a horrendous rehearsal right before a performance, often the first performance of the production. And that was followed by a very good performance. I think it is a combination of two things. I think before the first time this is a lot of anxiety and the second thing is there is nothing like a bad performance/practice to make one understand what is needed to make the changes needed to be better.

I just hope I have enough girls that want to be better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home