Monday, April 03, 2006

drifting on the sleep in my eyes

<--- I really like this little cartoon.

I am kind of tired, well more than kind of....daylight savings is expensive on my routine. I didn't go to bed until 2 a.m. I wrapped up the yearbook today, so from 6:30 a.m. to about 6:30 p.m. I was operating on fumes (as they say in the fume factory). I think I have looked a a computer way too much today.


Because I worked past the IL market closing time ---- 6 p.m. (welcome to small town usa) --- I have little to eat in the house. It's raining here, which is good school-wise. Nothing seems to calm down students more than rain. We need more of it.

Had the fifth graders go to some poetry websites and they really wanted to read poems out loud. It was kind of fun to see. Even the shy kids wanted to read. Some of that has to do with the fact that it is a stellar class.

Just as interesting is there are a lot of links on my poetry page, but the students all headed straight for "poetry for kids." Which was perfect since there are a lot of cute little peoples filled with comical irony. Like there is a poem about how a teacher eats a students homework, and in the end it turns out the homework is a cake that the teacher devours. I like to see how they get amused by and enjoy the poetry.

I hope it fires them up for the poetry lesson they are starting in class.

sweet dreams....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home