Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Go Tigers

Also posted here

Tigers

Tonight they made following easy. I went to a school board meeting, to see if I still have a job after the Contingency Budget cuts (I do, and so does everyone else) and when I got out of the meeting the Tigers were winning

I talked to a parent and she wanted to know what I was doing for the summer. I told her of my novel idea (interesting way to state that), which she thought it was okay. She suggested I talk to her sister, mother of a soon-to-be ninth grader (and a modified softball player). It was a good idea, though I am not sure how the mother takes me...

The story: One of the girls on the team always has an unhappy look. In practice I said: "quit being a sourpuss" I think it is a phrase that most girls under the age of 40 have never heard before, of course the emphasis for them was 'puss' and they all started calling the girl 'sourpuss' when I met the mother, she said: "I'm sourpuss' mom."

I have given out enough nicknames, but 'sourpuss' is not one of them, but try to tell the small town rumor board.

Interesting, it reminded me that I have a good story about the student that I want to use in the novel. It is a novel idea.

Technorati Tags: , , , , , , ,


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home